Saturday, June 18, 2011

Chuckles and Whispers

My "Pieceful Nights" wallhanging is off to a great start!  Today I was having the best time chuckling about about how rusty I have become in the basic's of piecing.  I used to be so quick at the math for all these shortcuts, but today I had to re-learn.  The designer assumes I have good Geometry skills and I can easily figure out all the shortcuts to precision piecing.  Little does she know about my high school Geometry class.  I barely passed.  But I love Math and spent years tutoring Algebra - gotta love those quadratic equations!!

Today, I could almost hear God's little whispers of encouragement as I fervently tried to calculate quilter's math. When I finally figured out the similar size flying geese and the fabric sizes to cut, I knew He was beaming with great pride; especially when my points and seams lined up perfectly.  

This block is ready to be pieced together, but it has been an eventful day with my family and I am quite tired tonight.  Hopefully it will become a unified block tomorrow.  I love the colors and the fabric's in this wall hanging.  They are all rich earthy colors - my favorite colors of fall.

I'll keep you posted on my progress :)

Thanks for stopping by!
Elaine



No comments: