Sunday, September 16, 2012

 
It has been awhile...
 
I thought now would be a good time to return to the blogging world!  This is one side of Leah's duvet cover.  It has been growing experience, but I'm tickled with the outcome!  I found this panel over a year ago and Leah LOVED it.  The wonderful co-owner of Tree City Quilts helped us put together the yardage requirements and then it was up to "Ma-maa", as I call myself in the 3rd person, to piece it all together!!
I thought it would be so easy to just cut up the panel, sew the sashing rails and make all the 9-patches...oh silly Ma-maa!  I finished sewing the final border this afternoon and spread it out on our living room floor to take these two pictures.  Sammy, Leah's cat, had to walk across it first...probably trying to figure out who the "Coffee Cat" is in one of the panels.  He will be sprawled out across this soon enough.
I need to get started on the other side of the cover.  Leah has another Coffee-themed panel for the flip side.  She picked out 14 fat quarters to go with it.  It will be a more scrappy approach and hopefully take less time to finish.  The coffee theme is perfect for her part-time job as a Barista.  She loves her customers and her coffee! Next month is birthday month and it would be a great gift for her to snuggle under.
 
I look forward to more regular posts.  I must say, I'm alittle envious of the clear photography on other blogs.  Maybe I could take some lessons this fall and learn how to give a better presentation?  Suggestions are welcome and you certainly won't hurt my feelings, because I'm a learner at heart!
 
Yesterday I attended the Wool Gathering at Young's Dairy.  I was so inspired by beautiful yarns and all-things-knitted, woven, spun and sheared.  I completed my first beret for Leah on Thursday.  She wore it to class on Friday and said it made her feel so "artsy".  She makes me smile!  She's a Graphic Design major...so you may see that popping up on the blog.
 
My goal this next year is to work on things outside my comfort zone.  What are some new projects that have been outside your comfort zone?  Come on, take a risk...it may turn out beautiful!!
 
Looking forward to hearing from you all again!
Elaine
Chipper Piecemaker


1 comment:

Steve Finnell said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.