Sunday, October 21, 2012

Little Duffle Bag & Knitted Scarf

This is a little something I made as a shop sample for an area shop.  It's from Karen West's pattern, "A Little Duffle Do It".  It's just too cute, and my husband shocked me out of my socks by asking for one for a Christmas gift!!  He has never asked me to make him anything besides his knitted alpaca hat for work.  He's always been patiently supportive, but never asked for anything.  Maybe I should get prepared for something bigger in the future :)  I'll start looking for fabric with a sports theme, since he's a Cowboys and Giants football fan.

 
 
Last week, I blocked my Romney scarf I finished last spring.  Here it is stretched out for blocking.  I wore it to work this week and just love it!  There is just something so satisfying to wear the labor-of-love-of-your-hands.  It was super easy to knit and the yarn, Blue Faced Leicester, is skin-soft to knit with and wear :)  If you haven't tried BFL yarn, I HIGHLY recommend it!  I bought mine from Somerhill Farms in southeastern Ohio when Lisa was at the Wool Gathering. I hope you like my Romney scarf!
 
 
 
Thanks for dropping by!  Enjoy these beautiful Fall days and let me know what you are working on!
 
 
Elaine
Chipper Piecemaker

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: