Sunday, February 10, 2013

A little knitting... a little sewing...
It seems my hands must keep busy and the soreness in my hands has eased up some.  I started making 4 different patterns for Hannah, but I finally settled on a simple feather and fan pattern.  The yarn is from the alpaca's where my husband works part-time. 
 

For those curious about the background, yes it is sitting on the cover of my Domestic treadle sewing machine.

I finished my ruffled scarf last week. My favorite yarn shop offered, Molly's Scarf, as an opportunity to teach short rows.  I re-started 3 times before I found the ease of short-row stitching.  This 100% wool yarn, by Classic Elite Yarns, was delightfully soft to knit.


 I'm ready to tackle the Bermuda Shawl next. It looks like ocean waves of short rows criss-crossing across the shawl.

Leah is sleeping under her duvet cover finally.  She's patiently been waiting for her Mom to figure out how to take 2 very different panels and make them into 2 different quilts.  The design and creation of these quilts have stretched me beyond measure, but she's thrilled and I'm so happy with the way they finished.  My sweet friend Linda quilted the duvet.

 
 


 The top photo is Leah's favorite side.  We found this panel of 18 coffee squares three years ago at a little quilt show.  I wanted the two sides to be different so I put them on point, thinking it would be so simple.  She wanted to add some color to the blocks, so I let her pick out a pile of bright, colorful fat quarters.  They made the blocks "dazzeling", don't you think?  It became an adventure that came out better than I anticipated.  To my surprise, the on-point squares came out to the exact dimensions I needed.  I don't consider myself a designer, but I did enjoy creating both of them.  She not only loves them, but her beloved kitty, Sammy loves to curl up at the bottom of her duvet and sleep.  I hope you enjoy them too :)

I've been so inspired by your sharing!
Hopefully my next post will be in the near future...

Blessings to you,
Elaine
Chipper Piecemaker

No comments: