Saturday, March 16, 2013

The Joy's of Project's

I've been working on another interesting group of blocks for the past month, while I was waiting to hear from Paducah :)  I have an unstoppable yearn to learn new skills and these blocks have fit the task!  Even after piecing all the Patriot stars, I enjoy being challenged by a few more stars.  
 
These gems are part of Pieceful Nights by Lori Smith.  I have a fondness for quilt's made on-point and this beautiful pattern is "all on-point"! These 12 blocks will turn on-point and surround a center medallion which is also on-point.  The borders are patiently waiting to join these blocks.  Lori's directions are outstanding!  Like Patriot's, there are several inside and outside borders.  The side triangles are three different fabrics that bring the quilt back to a perfect square.  The center medallion is on the left hand side of my banner.
 
The last part I love, love, love about this pattern is all the borders are mitered!!  To me, a mitered corner frames a quilt beautifully.  Since moving to Ohio, I've heard most ladies are squeamish to miter their borders, but I thought, "that's how it was done"!  At least that's how I was taught in Pennsylvania :) I'll have plenty of opportunities to continue the tradition, since there are 4 set's of borders.
 
I'll keep you posted on the progress.  It may be a little bit.  I have a shop sample and 2 Christmas quilts to make for a friend at work on my table.  I'll post pictures of them in coming posts :)
 
Thank's for stopping by!
 
Let me know what you are working on too :)
Elaine
Chipper Piecemaker
 


No comments: