Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Lovely Patriot Number 4

To look at the picture, this is such a simple block and the fabric colors are so fresh and airy.  Saturday afternoon I didn't think I could do this one, but Sunday evening it all came together and tonight it's a beauty!!  I had to trust the cutting instructions and be sooooooo precise on the sewing :)  Yippee, it was worth it all!!

It's kinda like walking with the Father...sometimes you have to streeeettttch your faith and your senses and walk in the dark, trusting His leading and just persistently persevere.  You know it will all work out, but you just wish you had a little light on the path.

In what used to be our home-school room hangs a poem that has sustained me many times.

Press On
Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence.
Talent will not, nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Genius will not, unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
Education will not, the world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

I've been told I'm pretty determined and stubbornly persistent at times.  I suppose this block is another lesson to Press On!

Let me know what you have struggled with this week!  It may not be in your quilting projects, it may be walking in the dark and trusting His leading with life's issues.

Keep on Pressing On!

Elaine
Chipper Piecemaker

1 comment:

Helen said...

Starting to think I should have joined you. Lovely block. And the fabrics are great. Great to see you are pressing on :) I'm juggling time. I don't have enough. New job is taking up most of it. Hope I will settle in soon so I can pick up my quilting again. But realizing I just might want to go too fast and want too much. Maybe a theme for my next blog :)