Monday, September 5, 2011

Christmas Batik Quilt


It has been a long time since my last post, but life happens.  I've been in the valley of losing a good friend and a father-in-law and comforting close friends who have lost loved ones - all in the last month.  It's more than the usual 3, so today I was determined to sew, be refreshed and take baby steps forward :)

A week ago, I cut out pieces for a shop sample.  A few are from the Batik Peppermint Patty Christmas collection.  The fabrics are beautiful and wonderful to work with.  I wish you could see them up close.

Over the weekend I pieced it all together!

This quilt was from Kathy Brown's Book and it's called "Take 5 Takes a Walk Around The Block".  It's a great beginner's quilt and a good stash buster.  The blocks are 12" finished, the inner border is 2" finished, and outer border will be 8" finished.  It's a great snuggler!  I look forward to Mike's creative quilting to give it the WOW factor. 

I'm anxious to get back to Patriots in Petticoats.  I still have soooo many blocks to catch up on.  Maybe this week I can start on a new block :)

It's been a nice weekend!
Thanks for stopping by!

Elaine
Chipper Piecemaker

No comments: