Sunday, May 5, 2013

New Class Sample: Hope Chest Treasures

I've been pumping out the work over the last few evenings.  I was captivated by Tricia Cribbs, Turning Twenty #9, Hope Chest Treasures, a few months ago and had to make the pattern on-point.  Jenn, Little Shop of Stitches, shop owner, requested it in bright colors and I was happy to step out of my color pallette.  These blocks are BIG...a whopping 16" block!  Here is the finished quilt top!
 
I'm glad I made a mid-size version rather than the full size.  When I was visiting the shop this week, Jenn was lamenting she needs some big walls to showcase larger samples.  Her classroom is a cheery room with most of her larger quilts.  I appreciate having so many inspiring samples when I'm teaching.  They are great conversation starters and motivational for beginning quilt students.
 
 
Hopefully, I'll be teaching this class in August.  I'll be delivering it to the shop this week.  The new class schedule comes out next week.
 
 
I'll be looking forward to your newest creations!
 
 
Elaine
Chipper Piecemaker

No comments: