Sunday, May 12, 2013

 
Charlie Peters and Kate's Gift
 
Happy Mother's Day everyone!!
 
Tis the season for planting flowers and special gifts for special people.  This week I was overjoyed to find Charlie Peters at my local Garden Center. 
The original Charlie Peters, aka Purple Passion Plant, was one of my first house plants. Charlie watched over me during high school and respiratory school. He went off to my first apartment in Columbus and surprised me with blossoms one day. They were bright orange and stunk like a skunk!  I had to pluck them off and discard them outside my apartment. It took over a week to air out my one bedroom apartment from their brief fragrance. He lived a long life until unknown bugs invaded. I have looked for the past 20 years and this week, to my heartfelt joy, his offspring was waiting for me at Knollwood Gardens!! He's a little guy, but he will grow big and bushy like his predecessor.

Kate's gift is a little Origami bag.  I'm meeting her for dinner on Wednesday evening.  She's a special friend and I'm looking forward to dinner with her.  I wanted a little something for her to show my appreciation for her friendship.

Today is not only Mother's Day in our home, but it's also my Anniversary.  Steve and I have been married 34 years today.  We waited 10 years for our girls, so most folks don't realize we have been together this long.  It's a beautiful, breezy, sunny day here in Beavercreek, just like our wedding day.  The lilacs are in bloom, I've done Kate's gift today and I'll spend the rest of the day digging in the dirt.  It's too cool to plant all my treasures  Steve and I bought at the Garden Center.  I'll have fun pulling the weeds and preparing the soil!

This week I'm working on Almeda's quilts.  She asked me to make two lap size quilts for her two sisters.  The fabric is beautiful and I'm looking forward to both projects!

Hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Elaine
Chipper Piecemaker

No comments: