Sunday, January 5, 2014

My Hexagon Technique is Published
 
My Secret is out...Hexie is published in AQ Magazine!

The rest of 2013 was spent working on a magazine article for the January 2014 edition  American Quilter Magazine.    
I'm focusing on teaching machine pieced hexie's.  This technique demonstrates a faster machine pieced hexagon quilt than you can hand piece!  I've taught this technique for the past 20 years and Michele Duffy was so kind to ask me to write this article.  One of the amazing aspects about this method is it can be applied to other 60 degree patterns like Tumbling Blocks, 6-Pointed Stars, original Bow Tie and other piece making where you have to set in the pieces.
 
It was a combined effort with my husband and daughter.  He set up the table in our driveway so my daughter could take the procedural pictures. Michele's photographer's did the full size picture of the quilt.  They really know how to show off Mike's beautiful quilting!!  The whole process covered 7 months, but in the end, I'm astonished to see my name in the magazine.
 
Another special thanks goes out to my Quilter, Mike Barber in St Marys, Ohio for quilting this quilt in a short amount of time in late June.  The staff at AQ Magazine were wonderful, both the Graphic Designer and Assistant Editor.  Michele was very encouraging through the whole process.
 
I'm looking forward to showing my quilt at our Guild meeting on Thursday evening. 
 
Happy Quilting,
Elaine
 
Chipper Piecemaker 
 
 

No comments: